- 1 T. plus 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 16 ounce pkg. gnocchi (or fresh...)
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 6 cups chopped chard leaves or spinach (about 1 small bunch)
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 1 15 ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella or fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat 1 T. oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Add the remaining 1 tsp. oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat for two minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until onion is soft, 4-6 minutes. Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the ghocchi and sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and cook until cheese melts and sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.